Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Always remember.....

The words "never forget" seem so small in comparison to the magnitude of the events that transpired 11 years ago. The human language does not have words to fully convey the meaning of what I feel when I remember what I saw, what I felt, and what I know happened that day. "Never forget", to me, implies that something like that can be forgotten. But for this American, it never can be. Those images are burned upon my memory, they are forever part of me. The horror I felt when I saw those buildings fall, the men and women jumping to their deaths......the bravery of ordinary Americans who fought to steer an airliner into the ground........and later the images I saw of the firefighters, 343 of them, going up, when everyone else was running down........or the sight of the American flag next to the gaping hole in the pentagon.

I can't ever forget what I saw that day. It's impossible. It is burned into my memory. It's an indelible mark left on me until the day I take my last breath. I will always remember the bravery of those who responded, and are responding still. This American will always remember. Forgetting it is not an option, even if I wanted to. God bless those who lost their lives that day, God bless their families, and God bless all us Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment